After you have purchased the lowest available fare from airnewzealand.co.jp or airnewzealand.jp if you find an Air New Zealand fare for the same return journey available on that same day, and it is lower than the fare you have just purchased, we'll refund you the difference plus a further ¥5,000!
How the offer works
- Decide on your preferred return journey ex-Japan and purchase the lowest available fare online at airnewzealand.co.jp or airnewzealand.jp.
- If, on the same day as your purchase, you find another retail fare available for the same Air New Zealand journey which is lower than the fare you purchased, call 03 5521 2770 to register your claim.
- Once we have verified the availability of the 'Lower Fare' (defined below), we'll refund the difference plus ¥5,000.
Terms & conditions
This Online Price Promise applies to Air New Zealand fares purchased on Air New Zealand owned and operated websites for Eligible Flights ("Purchased Fare").
We will refund you the difference between the price of your Purchased Fare and the price of a Lower Online Fare (excluding the applicable taxes, levies and surcharges, regardless of whether they are included in the base fare or shown separately) ¥5,000 ("Refund") if you make a valid claim and satisfy the requirements in these Terms and Conditions.
To make a claim
To make a valid claim you must:
- Claims under this guarantee must be made within 24 hours of booking. (Exclude non-operation Call centre Japan days Sat, Sun, and public holidays.) Claims must be made by calling 03 5521 2770 with your booking details and the claimed fare’s evidence.
- Submit your claim by contacting Air New Zealand on one of the following phone numbers:
- Japan : 03 5521 2770
Office hours: Mon - Fri 9:30 - 17:30
- Japan : 03 5521 2770
- Claims cannot be made by ringing any other Air New Zealand telephone number or by any other means.
Eligible Flights include:
Air New Zealand operated round trip flights from Tokyo (Narita) to New Zealand or the Pacific Islands.
To Qualify for our Online Price Promise
To qualify for the Online Price Promise, your Purchased Fare must be the lowest fare that was available for purchase on our website for your chosen flight itinerary, at the time that you booked and paid for your Purchased Fare. Also, you must complete your travel in accordance with your Purchased Fare to qualify for a Refund.
In order for a fare to be a "Lower Online Fare", all of the requirements in the table below must be met.
Lower Online Fare
For the exact same flights as the Purchased Fare; including:
- Same aircraft operator
- Same flight dates
- Same flight numbers
- Same itinerary / routes
- Same number of passengers in the booking
- Same travel class
- Same inclusions
Priced, quoted and capable of being charged in the same currency as your Air New Zealand Purchased Fare, without the use of a currency converter.
A published online retail fare available to the general public.
The URL for the website that displays the Lower Online Fare must have the same URL Country Code ending (for the Top Level Domain) as the Air New Zealand website you used to book and pay for your Purchased Flight.
For example, if you used www.airnz.co.nz, then the URL for the website displaying the Lower Online Fare must also end with “nz”.
If you booked and paid for your Purchased Fare on the www.airnz.com/usa website, then the website displaying the Lower Online Fare must be based in and operated from the USA.
Capable of being confirmed, booked and paid for on the website displaying the Lower Online Fare.
Made available for purchased by an online retailer that is an accredited and authorised distributor of Air New Zealand airfares.
Different flights, routes, itineraries, inclusions, travel class, or number of passengers, or different number of adults and children.
Fares for flights operated by other carriers.
Fares provided by opaque online agencies where carrier and itinerary details are not known until after purchase are excluded from the Online Price Promise.
Prices quoted and or charged in other currencies.
Corporate, wholesaler, consolidator, group fares, student fares, or package fares, or fares restricted to members of certain websites or membership programmes.
Fares published websites that have different URL Country Code Top Level Domain endings.
Fares that are offered on websites that do not have the capability to confirm the booking and accept payment.
Fares that are sold by retailers, agencies or persons who are not accredited and authorised distributors of Air New Zealand airfares.
Acceptance of claim
We will accept your claim if:
- you have made a valid claim;
- we have been able to verify the Lower Online Fare using reasonable means; and
- you completed your travel in accordance with your Purchased Fare.
We will not accept your claim if you have made more than one claim in any one month or if you do not qualify to make a claim in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- If we have accepted your claim, we will issue you with a Refund within 60 days after the date that you complete your Purchased Fare travel.
- If you paid for your Purchased Fare using Airpoints Dollars, your Refund (including the bonus component) will be made in Airpoints Dollars.
- A Refund is the sole and exclusive benefit that may be available to you pursuant to this Online Price Promise.
Variation and Termination
We may vary these Online Price Promise Terms and Conditions from time to time. We will notify you of changes by publishing an updated copy of these Terms and Conditions on our website. We will always specify the date of the last update.
We reserve the right to withdraw and terminate this Online Price Promise at any time. However, if we exercise this right, we will still process the valid claims that were lodged before the date of removal of the Online Price Promise from our website.
These Online Price Promise Terms and Conditions were last updated on 13 January 2014.