Frequently asked travel queries
Our website is full of information to help throughout your journey. We recommend checking for details prior to reaching out to our Contact Centre, Social Media, and Email Support teams for further assistance.
Flight Disruptions and your rights:
- Should your flight be affected by a significant delay, cancellation, or schedule change, please click here to explore your options.
Airpoints membership information:
Flight and booking assistance:
- Monitor the status of your flight here.
- View, change or cancel bookings, add a seat request or extra bag*, via Manage Bookings.
- Check-in up to 24 hours before your flight via the Air NZ app or our website.
- Find out more about credits and refunds here. If you hold an existing credit with us, view and use yours with our online credit tool.
Credits issued between 1 February 2020 and 30 September 2022 will expire on 31 January 2026, for travel to be completed before 31 December 2026.
Credits issued from 1 October 2022 onwards are valid for 12 months from their date of issue.
- Review the entry and travel requirements for your destination and transit points at least 72 hours before arriving at the airport.
- If you're heading off around Aotearoa with your pet, find out what's required.
- Check the airport websites for Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, or Queenstown to confirm their opening hours for those early departures.
- To find out what items are permitted in your checked or carry on bags, click here.
Border entry requirements are set by the governments of each destination and transit point. It is your responsibility to make sure you meet these requirements.
Other points to keep in mind:
- For customers looking to use a credit to make a new booking, please note that credits can't be combined with Airpoints Dollars. Once your credit has been applied, any remaining amount will need to be paid for using a credit/debit card or via POLi internet banking (where available).
- Prepaid extra bags* are only available when your journey is solely operated by Air New Zealand. If another airline makes up part of your journey, excess baggage fees will apply at check-in based on the baggage rules of your ticket.
- Masks are not a requirement on Air New Zealand services, however, customers are welcome to use masks on board.
- Battery-powered devices such as baggage trackers are now able to be carried in checked baggage while still in ‘on’ mode. Check specific requirements here.
We also recommend downloading the Air NZ app to stay up to date with your bookings.