Last updated 18 Sep 2017
The temporary shut-down of Refining New Zealand’s pipeline into Auckland is currently impacting all airlines operating into and out of Auckland Airport and limiting the volume of jet fuel able to be uplifted.
Air New Zealand is currently working through the implications for its operations over coming days and is putting a range of measures in place. These will include:
- Cancelling some domestic and Tasman services to consolidate passenger loads
- Ensuring domestic jet services uplift maximum fuel limits when operating out of Wellington or Christchurch to reduce fuel requirements ex Auckland.
- Requiring some long-haul services to and from Asia and North America to undertake refueling stops at selected Pacific or Australian airports
Customers whose flights are cancelled will be eligible for a full refund.
Please contact your insurance provider regarding any assistance with accommodation and out of pocket expenses.
To ensure you remain up to date in regards to your flight, please view the below options:
Arrivals & Departures Board
For an overview of today’s departures please see Arrivals & Departures.
SMS & Email
If you have entered your contact details in your booking and signed up to receive travel alerts you will receive an SMS or Email notification should your flight time change.
To confirm your details or sign up to receive alerts please head here.
You can also use the Air NZ mobile app to view up-to-date details and be notified of any changes to your flight time.
Flight Cancellation List
Please see below for a list of flights currently affected by the fuel supply shortage.
If your flight is listed, and you have not received new flight details, please reach out to our contact centre at your earliest convenience. Contact numbers are provided below.
- NZ729 Auckland to Melbourne Sunday 17 September
- NZ722 Melbourne to Auckland Monday 18 September
- NZ543 Auckland to Christchurch Monday 18 September
- NZ550 Christchurch to Auckland Monday 18 September
- NZ413 Auckland to Wellington Monday 18 September
- NZ420 Wellington to Auckland Monday 18 September
- NZ437 Auckland to Wellington Monday 18 September
- NZ444 Wellington to Auckland Monday 18 September
- NZ718 Sydney to Auckland Tuesday 19 September
- NZ719 Auckland to Sydney Tuesday 19 September
- NZ411 Auckland to Wellington Tuesday 19 September
- NZ418 Wellington to Auckland Tuesday 19 September
- NZ429 Auckland to Wellington Tuesday 19 September
- NZ428 Wellington to Auckland Tuesday 19 September
- NZ538 Christchurch to Auckland Tuesday 19 September
- NZ543 Auckland to Christchurch Tuesday 19 September
- NZ555 Auckland to Christchurch Tuesday 19 September
- NZ566 Christchurch to Auckland Tuesday 19 September